Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why 60 hertz or 50hert

Eeyore wrote:

Suppliers to the world market usually design for 50/60 Hz since 60Hz use is
quite rare on the global scale of things.

60Hz only transformers tend to be the speciality of the USA.

Still trolling? Sci.electronics.design not big enough for all your
nonsense? What transformers are you talking about? Those cheap,
imported Chinese wall warts, or pole pigs? Just about everything else
is built with a SMPS. Why waste both iron and copper to build 50 Hz
transformers for the domestic market?

You just can't wait to get in another of your anti America digs, can
you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell