Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default How to clean mucky mains sockets by cooker?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article . com,
myheadisonbackwards wrote:
There is a two-gang switched mains socket right next
to my cooker, of the white plastic sort. It needs a good
clean, but the dirt is a sort of sticky greasy stuff from
cooking vapours and splashes.

I cannot clean this stuff off. Can anyone suggest a
way (apart from not letting it get dirty in the first place -
too late!).

Given how cheap they are I'd just fit a new one. To clean it properly and
safely really means removal, or at least switching off and waiting a
considerable time 'till it's dry after cleaning.

For the 3 quid it will cost to change the socket I would not consider
cleaning it.

Adam