Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew McKay Andrew McKay is offline

Default Kettles with concealed elements - are they all so noisy?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I bought a reasonable Russell Hobbs from John Lewis 30 years ago; it's
still going strong...

I remember buying one of those too, around that time. It was for our
small office which didn't have a coffee machine (so the kettle got a
fair amount of use). Worked flawlessly in all the years we were there.

We now use cheapo electric kettles which we can buy in the local Tesco's
for a fiver. They tend to fail fairly often (maybe once a year or so),
but for that price who cares?

Andrew

--
You probably don't want to reply to my published newsgroup email address
because your email is guaranteed to be treated as spam. If you really do