Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default dog tunneling under chain link fence

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

dkhedmo wrote:
Any ideas to secure the bottom edges of the chain link fence?
New-to-us dog tunneled under the brand new fence and bolted. The
mister thinks
we should have the fence guy come back and secure pipe at the bottom
of the fence from post to post, clipping the fence to the pipe as
along the top. I'm not convinced this will solve the tunneling
problem, just
slow the progress. I'm thinking some kind of metal edging that can be
sunk 12" or so below ground, with a few inches remaining above to
cover any gap between ground and fence. If we were to go with this
metal edging idea, what kind of metal, and from whom do I procure it?

Any other ideas? For the time being, dog goes on a 40' tether on one
of those screw in stakes, just to run around the $1200 "fenced in"
yard. Grr...

Have the dog de-clawed. He can't dig with stubs.

People do that to cats all the time thereby saving their precious
furniture at the expense of the cat's primary defensive and offensive
weapon.

Dogs don't use their claws/nails for anything except digging. No harm
there.

Yea, why would they wanna scratch their balls when they can lick 'em?