Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to disconnect gas range from gas supply

spake thus:

My Kitchenaid gas stove/oven is having a problem working as a oven. It
has electric igniters for the oven, one at the bottom for the main oven
and one near the top for the broiler mode. When I put it in bake mode,
the lower burners inside the oven are not lighting up. Broil is ok. The
stoves are ok. I supect the igniter has burnt out and got a replacement
on-line. The problem is how do I get access to the back of the stove to
replace it?

This may have already occurred to you, so my apologies if so: the last
time I had to disconnect a stove, it also had a short flex hose and I
couldn't pull it out far enough to access the connection. I was,
however, able to climb back into the space--just barely--and disconnect
it that way. If you or someone you know is skinny enough, try it. (After
all, someone got it connected in the first place.)

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)