Posted to alt.home.repair
lacnob lacnob is offline

Default Radiators cold pressure OK

have a very old (I'm guessing 45 years) oil fired hot-water boiler.
My problem is two radiators (not steam type) on my second floor
(bedroom & bathroom) don't get hot. If I crank up the thermostat to
76 degrees, one of the radiators will get warm about ¼ of the way up
(I normally keep the thermostat at 68), the other remains ice cold.
There is a large radiator with an automatic bleeder on it which throws
off a lot of heat in another bedroom on the second floor. I tried
turning that radiator off- didn't help. The bathroom radiator with the
automatic bleeder is cold. The pressure on the boiler show 20 when cold
and 23 when hot. When I bleed the bedroom radiator, air comes out but
no water. All radiators on the 1st floor have been bled & water comes
out. Last winter, the pressure was at 10 & I had the same problems, so
I put on an automatic bleeder on the bathroom radiator to no avail. Any
suggestions appreciated.