Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Shaving Door by small amount

"marson" wrote in
oups.com:

Leo wrote:
I've done this by taking down the door and laying it on some saw
horses (or have two friends get down on all fours) . Clamp a straight
edge across the bottom of the door at the proper height (depends on
the saw) then buzzing off the bottom with a jigsaw or circular saw,
either works well with a good blade.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a bedroom wooden door that grabs the carpet just enough
that I want to shave
the bottom of the door by an eighth of an inch to prevent the door
from grabbing.
Can someone tell me the best way to do it?

Thanks,

JD

I agree with leo. taking an eighth of with a sander is going to take
a LONG time anyway.

A belt sander with coarse grit takes it down pretty good.

use a straight edge for a saw guide,and dress the
cut up with a bit of hand sanding. use caution if it's a veneer door,
as the veneer can chip off. in that case, pre score the door where to
are going to cut it with a sharp utility knife (only need to do the
side that you are cutting from--the underside won't chip).