Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default spilled oil

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:20:06 -0500, (Pdk Pdk) wrote:

Yesterday I spilled half a can of automobile oil on the unpainted
concrete floor in my basement. After using rags to sop up most of the
stuff, any ideas how to get up the rest? Will it eventually dry?
It's in a place where I can't really walk around it all the time, but
don't want to be tracking oil through the house. Thanks.

IMHO:

For my 'oil stains' I've found that wiping up first with a glass
cleaner does well. It removes the loose stuff that can be tracked
around. As for removing any stains, I've tried powered laundry soap,
and let it sit. After awhile, swipe up the loose soap, and then use
water to remove the rest.

This is what works for me, but I don't know if it should work for you.

later,

tom @
www.MeetANewFriend.com