Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] mrdarrett@gmail.com is offline

Default 12v auto pump from 110v?

Jim Thompson wrote:
On 8 Dec 2006 14:43:59 -0800, wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:
On 2006-12-07, T-n-T wrote:
Can a 12v windshield wiper pump be run from a wall wart?

Just the little squirter pump motor?

I measured 2A continuous (more than I expected, but all auto electrics seems
suprisingly inefficient) that'd be a large wall-wart or a small brick. or it
could just be my cheap DMM playing up.

So, which do you want? Super efficient, or something that will work
when your life depends on it?

Your life depends on misting your terrarium???!? =:-O

Cheers!
Rich
[0] ;-)

In that case, better get someone with medical experience... oh, Joerg!

So, which does he want... efficient, reliable, or inEXPENSIVE?

;-)

Why is everyone ignoring my yard-mister/valve-body/transformer
approach? It's cheap-cheap-cheap and safe-safe-safe!

...Jim Thompson

It likely is, great idea, but it's not clear whether the OP minds
stringing a garden hose from his backyard into his living room.

Never mind the heating and cooling costs of leaving his backyard door
open a crack, at all times...

;-)

Michael