Harold & Susan Vordos

Default prop speed reducer made on a 3-in-1

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
This shows the making of a propellor drive speed reduction that *really*
involved pushing the envelope on my Smithy 3-in-1.

http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/Prop_speed_reducer.pdf

Ted

Outstanding job, Ted. I'm particularly impressed with your clever extension
of the compound to make possible the machining of the large pulley.
Amazing what a little creativity can do!

You made a very good decision to avoid a form tool for the grooves, which
would have led to nothing but grief on a small machine. Did you find much
chatter in turning such a large diameter?

Harold