Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Gas or Electric Heat?

wrote:
Which is cheaper, Gas or Electric?

It depends where you live. If you live in the northeast, typically gas
is always cheaper.

I've got about 5 space heaters of various types in my house, but I
rarely turn them on because it seems like the Gas furnace is keeping up
well.

Why do you have 5 space heaters? It sounds like your furnace is not
blowing enough heat to each area.

My furnace is about 3 years old, and is marked with an energy guide
sticker that says it's not all that efficient, though I'm not sure if
that's because the air conditioning uses a bunch.

If its 3 years old, chances are it is efficient. The guide is just
that, a guide.
It sounds like you might have to adjust the registers to get the rooms
warm, or maybe your windows are old or maybe you don't have enough
insulation. More info needed.