Posted to alt.electronics
Marcus Redd Marcus Redd is offline

Default Remote control question

"PeterD" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:26:39 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

You misunderstand. I want the receiver "box" to be wired to each shell.
The receiver would have one power supply. I just don't want to run 36
pairs
of wires 200 feet!

So one receiver for the 36 tubes? (so 36 wire pairs from the
receiver?)

In that case, I'd use a microcomputer that's wired to the other end
with a double pair of Cat5 Ethernet. Or, use wireless.

I think you are making it harder following the path you are setting
out right now. A SBC would work well in this case.

Why is it that, on Usenet, the first replies you get to a post are always
the stupid ones saying "No" or "You can't" or "Why?" and it then takes quite
a while for the useful and intelligent replies like Peter's and jasens? ;o)