Gnube

Default Router reccomendations

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:42:04 +0100, "RichardS" noaccess@invalid
wrote:

DW620/DW621 - same machine essentially, but the 621 has speed control
whereas 620 does not
DW624/DW625 - same story as above.

That explains it being absent on the screwfix one then!

Thought that the two smaller machines were the DW614 and DW615, the 615
having speed control, but obviously not.

615 has e-speed control for sure, and a very good one at that in my
view.

DW620s and 624s are rarely seen for sale and IMHO should be avoided - speed
control should be seen as essential on a router, and especially for 1/2"
routers because using a large diameter bit at full speed is, quite frankly,
downright dangerous.

I'd have thought so too.

Incidentally, you will also see the suffix "K" appended to the model
numbers - this indicates that it comes with a case. There are other
suffixes that are only sold in various markets.

Ah, maybe we should set up a registry for all this as we try them -
would make for an interesting and useful reference for the whole
group. Not sure exactly how you could implement it, but I have a
feeling they call it a "wiki" style web site or something very similar
sounding.

DM Tools in Twickenham also do a number of routers, mail order, and also
carry Milwaukee stuff, who make industrial duty tools.

Got to be worth a look too - thanks! Do they trade online do you
happen to know?

Take Care,
Gnube