Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Kettles with concealed elements - are they all so noisy?

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...

snip

We buy cordless kettles from supermarkets, the last one was p'chased from
Asda 3.5 yrs ago and set us back the princely sum of £6, it still works
but there's a small leak at the window where the water level is shown,

They all seem to leak at the junction between dissimilair materials !
I've lost count of the kettles we've jinked because I get fed up with
mopping water from around the base {The 'cordless' connector gubbins seems
quite 'safe' with its turret connector}.
Finally purchase a metal body, concealed element, jug kettle without any
window!

I use it for work, the new one cost a fiver from Morrisons, had a plug on
it and everything.

Everything is supposed to have a plug !
The populace can't be trusted to fit a plug!
What'd'ye thinks this is? D-I-Y ?

--

Brian