Posted to uk.d-i-y
On Web On Web is offline

Default BeThere Broadband

"Adrian C" wrote in message
raden wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of BeThere

https://www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do

They've just installed their kit in our local exchange and I have to make
a decision whether to ditch NTL for them or not

I've just moved to BeThere from Pipex. No real problems except for the
email service which is run for BeThere by an outfit in Hong Kong, and due
to its location often gets blacklisted by other email servers on the net.
So buy your email services elsewhere. Individual.net is my news service
which I also had while with Pipex.

I'm 2KM from my exchange and getting 11MBits on a 24MBits connection with
some dodgy telephone wiring I really should tidy up, and maybe snip the
third wire...

However, saying all that - I thought NTL had a rep for good fast broadband
connections?

I've had the NTL service for several years; it's very reliable - though it
took about two weeks to get it started and about five engineers!

I'd feel really miffed moving from reliability to a lot of hassle for the
sake of a few pounds.

Paul

--
Adrian C