Posted to alt.home.repair
AustinScoobee AustinScoobee is offline

Default Wire Identification

Hi Everyone,
We have a house which when built , had plans for future expansion.
They left in the walls a wire from the panel (not connected!) to the
outside when the addition would go.We wanted to know what this wire
could be used for, or is it big enough to feed a subpanel for the
planned expansion?

The wire is marked : essex 4-4-4 type se ?HHW

I know an electrician would be able to help but I hate to bother them
with what should be a simple question, and most contractors round here
would much rather trench a new feed or tear up our walls to get a
feed....So.. How many amps could it feed ?.

Amny help very much appreciated