Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Tip To Quiet A Garage Door Opener

I'm thinking an exhaust hanger would be darn near perfect for this
application?

nate

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Skyhawk wrote:
also rubber or hockey puck at end of the pole.

I used a couple of layers of that mud flap. :-)

Joseph Meehan wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
If you have a room above a garage and the opener can be heard
through the floor, here's a tip that will make it a lot quieter:

Hang the opener on short (but strong) rubber straps instead of
mounting it directly the ceiling. The rubber will absorb the
vibration and lessen the noise transmitted through the joists.

I used a 3 ply material similiar to a tire (specifically a brake pad
from a Soap Box Derby car!) and the reduction in noise was amazing.

Enjoy!

I bought a mud flap for a truck and cut it up. Worked great.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

--