Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] doordoc@prodigy.net is offline

Default Garage door openers

You won't normally find them in the D.I.Y. stores but any garage door
dealer would probably sell you a chain or belt drive one that you could
install yourself. I don't think there is a screw drive that long. They
make residential openers w/ 7', 8', & 10' rails & you can get
commercial ones that will open much taller doors. Usually the rails
from a dealer are one solid piece & tend to be stronger then the
spliced rails & therefore better in my opinion.

DoorDoc

Steve Barker LT wrote:
I'm looking for a user installed opener for a 10' (tall) sectional garage
door. Anyone know where to buy such an animal?

THANKS!
--
Steve Barker