Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default water vapor in natural gas

bill allemann wrote:
If the gas piping happened to be hung such that the water drained
back to the meter, wouldn't the meter fail?
The inlet and outlet are both at the top of the meter housing.
In the last two weeks about a quart of water that I've drained would
have ended up in the meter.

At a low point, I have a tee and a downward pointing stub that catches
water, but the problem is
that it's filling up in maybe 5 days during cold weather.

It it is filling up in five days not five years, you have a problem with
the supply. It is possible there is a leak underground. Contact your
supplier.

Bill

"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

dpb wrote:

Actually, I realize I didn't put down the most likely culprit being a
water trap in your line that has filled up...look for a stub w/ a
shutoff valve and cap or a lower loop plumbed into the supply line
also w/ cutoff valve(s) and unions or other removable connections to
drain it...

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit