Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default noise/interference lines in TV when there is a surge of power

wrote:

I just tried connecting a UPS to the subwoofer and the TV....same
result.
I'm starting to think it really may be Poltergeists. lol

Vibration is not an issue...since I'm noticing the interference lines
in back of the house, where the sub cannot be heard.

I dont think thats logical

I also tried connecting the sub to various outlets throughout the
house....with the same result.

Note: Then lines only appear for a brief second when the washer and
dryer kicks on and not visible as the units continue to run. But, the
lines are present anytime the sub produces bass. As I mentioned, the
greater the power...more interference produced.

So, I suspect some type of faulty wiring in the house. So, a call to
a electrician may be in order.

-PC

It could be any of the following:
rf instability in the amp, (depending on your local tv frequencies)
vibration affecting wiring within the amp, or a nearby appliance, or
some poor house wiring
poor noise suppression on washing machine, fridge etc
weak tv signal may be a contributor to the problem
popular poor quality co-ax

It cant be:
anything to do with power surges.

Getting an electrician in would likely get you nowhere.

NT