Posted to alt.electronics
jasen jasen is offline

Default Remote control question

On 2006-12-07, SBFan2000 wrote:
You misunderstand. I want the receiver "box" to be wired to each shell.
The receiver would have one power supply. I just don't want to run 36 pairs
of wires 200 feet!

run a single pair then, and send control signals over that,
it might be sufficient to send a single pulse to signal the
controller to fire the next shell, otherwise it could be
a time (eg rs232) or frequency (eg DTMF) multiplexed
signalling system.

I had some rotory selector units (ex phone exchange) that with new coils
wound for 12V operation might be ideal (for the single pulse setup)
I have them no longer alas.

--

Bye.
Jasen