Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Gift idea help????

Mike
Good luck to your inlaw. When I was living in Sherbrooke Village, NS a few
years ago, an old friend (how old? his wife changed my diapers when I was a
baby) lost his vision overnight due to diabetes. He never gave up. We ran
ropes to the mail box and the barn so he could get the mail and feed the
horse. I tilled the garden over and ran strings for rows. He planted and
weeded by feel. One day I went to the house and asked his wife where he was.
She replied he was in the cellar. I opened the door to pitch blackness. As I
turned on the light I heard the power saw running. He was making TV tables
for friends. I have one down stairs. It scared me half to death but he
enjoyed his wood working until cancer finally got him. He was great guy I
will always miss. Good luck to your friend.