Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak Tournifreak is offline

Default BeThere Broadband

raden wrote:
In message , On Web
writes
"raden" wrote in message

Does anyone have any experience of BeThere

https://www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do

They've just installed their kit in our local exchange and I have to make
a decision whether to ditch NTL for them or not

What's been the problem with NTL?

There isn't

I signed up for BeThere some 2 years ago

they offered 24 for £20/month

the equipment is now in the exchange and I have to make a decision

They offer a significantly faster service and cheaper than the slower
service offered by NTL

However, they don't offer newsgroups, so I would have to pay for that as
a sep. Service

Call NTL. Tell them you're thinking of switching to someone else. They
will immediately transfer you to the "new user" rate of £8.99/month
for 2Mb/s, or £17.99/month for 10Mb/s. They'll keep you on this rate
for a few months (6 months for me, 12 for my dad). But the phone
operator said to just call back at the end of that time and they'll
happily renew it for another x months.

I just did this last week - I was paying £17.99 before, £8.99 now.

I don't much like NTL, but for £8.99 for 2Mb/s inc newsgroups, you
can't go far wrong.

Regards,
Jon.