Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rramos70117@gmail.com is offline

Default 1/4" plywood panels on large rail & stile doors

Dont rely on the integrity of the mighty oak. What are your weather
issues? Lots of rain, chainge of climate, ect...

I like to build between bomb proof and reality. Do you want to do this
again in three years or build a monster? By the way plywood will not
hold up; cell cure, prime & painted, marine epoxy... Is this
exterior?

There is some really nice 5/16 ply that could be routed if you have the
means but again ply, if interior you should be good to go.

shoot me a line :

ShutUpAndFish

Master Builder

Cheers and good luck!!!

On Dec 7, 6:15 pm, "Tom H" wrote:
I am making two mission style rail & stile doors (21" x 75")
I had planned on using 1/4" oak plywood for the panels (2 in each door)

1/4" (3/16" actual) oak plywood seems kind of flimsy.
Would I be better off using 3/8" (5/16" actual)