Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Pilot light gas usage

On 2006-12-08 01:08:11 +0000, Ed Sirett said:

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:13:30 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

and you give a wry smile and nod, resulting in a very relieved looking
Mrs Jones (who
would be willing to pay anything to know this) and an apprentice who
looks on in total wonderment
at how BG can possibly get away with charging £150 per annum for this.

I currently have both the apprentice and the half moon glasses it all adds
to the 'credibility factor'.

Very good. I'm sure that "his elevator goes to the top floor" however. :-)

Seriously though, I've found that credibility with customers is a
really important point - e.g. confidence that you know what you're
doing and will look after them properly.

Many years ago, when I was first getting into technically supporting
customers, somebody suggested that the way to go about things in the
event of a problem is first to fix the customer and then to fix the
problem. It has proved to be invaluable advice.