Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Bathroom Heater

Leo wrote:
I'm not sure of the best forum to post this... so I chose this one since the
information I have got in the past has been excellent, not to mention how
good looking and cool you all are.

I am remodeling a bathroom in a home that was built in the 70's. There is a
small wall mounted electric heater installed. There are no vents from the
main heating/cooling system in this room.

Is it required by code that I have a heater in this room (as my wife
suspects)? We have never used the heater in the several years we have been
here because the room stays around the same temp as the rest of the house.

I don't know about the code. However, my GF and your wife are typical
females -- always cold. When I redid my tiny 5' x 12' bathroom off the
master bedroom, I installed an 8' length of SlantFin baseboard radiator.
The bathroom now get upto the high 80's if the door is shut. GF is
fairly happy as long as she can find her slippers. I abandoned the
1970 hydronic (tubes in the slab) system because it started springing
leaks. The baseboard radiators were the replacement.

In addition, good guy that I am, I installed a small zone that heats the
outside kitchen wall and the laundry. The laundry has a toilet and sink
just for princess. She loves it. It's her private little nook and it's
warm.

Forget the code. Keep the distaff warm.