Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Bathroom Heater

"Leo" wrote in message
I'm not sure of the best forum to post this... so I chose this one since
the information I have got in the past has been excellent, not to mention
how good looking and cool you all are.

I am remodeling a bathroom in a home that was built in the 70's. There is
a small wall mounted electric heater installed. There are no vents from
the main heating/cooling system in this room.

Is it required by code that I have a heater in this room (as my wife
suspects)? We have never used the heater in the several years we have
been here because the room stays around the same temp as the rest of the
house.

Thanks

None that I am aware of. Your local codes may vary. The only way to know
for sure is to check with your local code enforcement or building inspection
office. My half bath in a house built in 1995 does not have any vent or aux
heat so I know my local codes were met.

Now the next owners may not be as warm blooded and it may be an issue when
you sell. But will they or the home inspector catch it before the closing?
Not likely.

Colbyt