Posted to alt.electronics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default 12v auto pump from 110v?

"PeterD" wrote in message
There are several fuel pump designs that will work with water! (not
the rotary ones, but there are designs that use a plunger with a
solenoid driver).

What happens if you try to use water with the rotary ones?

I once replaced a fuel pump on a Crown Victoria, sold the car and had the pump
die again the day before I was supposed to deliver the car to the buyer.
@#$@#%*( The deal fell through of course, and I got to replace the pump
*again*. The second time around there was so little time left the car was
sold to a dealer for next to nothing. @#@#$%!