Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Noob and Mortise & Tenons...

" wrote in
ups.com:

Thanks! I thought the bisquit joiner would be a great tool as well but
it seems alot of people say they don't ever use them. I'll be doing
mostly tables and cabinet type work. Will I get some good use out of
the joiner? Thanks alot!

I use my biscuit jointer all of the time. When I build plywood cabinets,
particularly, for kitchens and bathrooms, it does an excellent job of
building a good joint. Not so much for fine furniture, but then, the
bathrooms and kitchens will be redone in the next twenty years, or sooner.

The right tool for the right job. When you need it.

I found I don't have to have one of everything. Several of certain things
make more sense to me. ;-)

Have fun!

Patriarch