Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Stutzman Frank Stutzman is offline

Default PVC for air

Tim Douglass wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:32:17 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman
wrote:

True. But I spent better than a week cutting, threading and cursing that
black pipe. I could have done the PVC thing in a few hours. Could have
made a lot of sawdust in that week. If the heat caused a failure once in
10 years then maybe the trade off might be worth it.

A week! How big is your shop anyway? I've plumbed an entire house with
galvanized in less than a week.

1,400 sq ft.

In my defense, I had never worked with black pipe before and I was probably
not so effecient with the cutting and threading. Also didn't help that
I changed by design once or twice while doing it.

--
Frank Stutzman