Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default shop light installation

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
"RayV" wrote in message
ps.com...

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Hint, most all 4 foot units you will find will be cheaply made.
Consider the 8 foot jobs and buy quality. All the cheap ones have
problems
of noise, less efficiency, lamp life, cold temperature operation,
short ballast life, etc..

Joseph is right. I have some cheap ones in my garage and now that
the weather is cold the buzzing is enough to drive you bonkers and
they come on dim until they warm up.

Thanks for the suggestions. In my history (working at gas stations
40 plus years ago) the 8 foot fixtures were the one's that always
buzzed. Maybe things have changed. I was thinking of buying the 4
foot T-11, or whatever, higher end fixtures.
Comments on above encouraged and appreciated.
Ivan Vegvary

The cheap ones, even the 8 foot cheap ones still buzz.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit