Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default LED Christmas lights

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:29:30 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Last year I saw a far number of LED Christmas lights. Not a great
number, but not uncommon. This year, I have only seen a couple. Anyone
know what happened. I would guess they did not sell well last year. Were
there other problems?

I had a few strings last year (most from Lowe's) in red, green, blue,
and yellow (the yellow didn't show up very well but the other colors
did). I bought a lot more this year (they didn't even have yellow).
Lowe's had them, and some Wal-Marts did (especially that really big
store they opened this year). The stores seem to be selling plenty of
them.

The local Lowe's still has 70-LED strings of the type that have been
discussed here, for some reason most of those are green.

I expect to use about 60% less electricity for holiday lights this
year.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."