Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian Brian is offline

Default shop light installation

RayV wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Hint, most all 4 foot units you will find will be cheaply made.
Consider the 8 foot jobs and buy quality. All the cheap ones have problems
of noise, less efficiency, lamp life, cold temperature operation, short
ballast life, etc..

Joseph is right. I have some cheap ones in my garage and now that the
weather is cold the buzzing is enough to drive you bonkers and they
come on dim until they warm up.

I had a set of the cheap fluorescent ballasts that you would get from
Lowes or anywhere in else in my kitchen and garage for 24 years. I just
had to replace both of them last weekend. They go for $20 a piece a
Lowes for a 4' frame + ballast. YMMV