Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default blown output transistors

Dave wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

then youve still got as set of output trannies yu can use in a project.
Not often I'd say forget it, but with dc amps I wouldnt bother.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at with it. Given it was a cheap unit to start
with, it's not worth it... I just have a hard time letting go once I've sunk
my teeth into a project. However the board does have LOTS of useful
regulators and diodes on it, plus I recover a nice 5A CT transformer.

Thanks for the pragmatic advice.

Dave

Well, the good news is the sooner you get onto another piece of kit the
sooner you're going to have a result.
Plus you can use your TIPs to make a nice big power amp.
Coincidentally, you've even got the psu, case & preamp all already
there.

Mark Z wrote:

The problem is that the base-emitter junction of each output transistor is
effectively a diode to the diving circuit, clamping at around .6 volt,
unless the outputs are Darlintons, of course...

I reckon this one has horrors instead of darlings for the output

NT