Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] mrdarrett@gmail.com is offline

Default 12v auto pump from 110v?

T-n-T wrote:
Can a 12v windshield wiper pump be run from a wall wart? I am putting
together a mist system for a terrarium, so it will run about 1 minute
2-3 times a day or so. If it will run from a wall wart any suggestions
would be great.

Todd

I bought one for home experiments a few years ago, and from experience,
they get pretty warm within a few seconds, and they're not meant for
continuous use. I also think they don't like to be run dry, but
running dry for a second or so shouldn't hurt it too badly.

Make sure your wall-wart can provide the necessary current.

Other than that, knock yourself out. ;-)

Michael