Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default electrical ?

Steve Barker LT wrote:
how does 12 time a hundred twice equal 3100? I would personally
doubt if the unit is even 220v. It's just uv tubes. Should run on a
standard 15a 120v outlet.

That would be 12x100 plus the ballast.

'course on the other hand, why would you want a tanning bed anyway? Hoping
for early skin cancer or something?

"gg" wrote in message
got this tanning bed 12 bulbs on top 100w each with a 16 ga. cord with
20A 250v plug on it.
then the bottom is the same set up 12 bulbs 100w each with a 16 ga.
cord with 20A 250v plug on it. both plugs are replacements ,not what
came org. so I have 2 plugs that must be plugged into 2 different 20A
outlets do I have to stay with the 2 separate outlets and plugs or can I
combine the two power cords at the plug and put one 40A
plug on them and then run a 40A 220v line to a 40A 220V outlet
the top and bottom of this bed is independed of each other along
with each section having its own timer.
the people I got it from had 2 outlets for it . but there seems
there must be a better way to plug this in .and run less wire
but a larger ga.wire.Both the top and bottom together would pull a
total of 3100 watts
any info. would help. I have no problem running a 40A 220v circuit
but I don't know if this would be safe for the bed.
you know because we are going to be inside this thing and don't want
it zapping us.
seems to me this would work figuring each bed cord will only pull
the amps needed for that section of bed.
thanks for any help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit