Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default PVC for air

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
. net...

The main delivery tubing is some sort of 1/2" to 5/8" ID plastic hose,
tee'd off with barbed and clamped fittings. The main line is 100 to 125
feet long, with 8 or 9 20-30' 3/8" air hose drops terminated with Milton
quick connects. The whole rig is run by an Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon
220v compressor. I don't know the HP rating of the compressor, but the
airline is typically charged to 125 PSI.

I connected a standard, 50' x 3/8" hose to the final connector so I
could spray in the parking lot behind the building. Several large
items were sprayed this way. Spray results were as good as I get with
my Fuji 4 stage HVLP rig. However, nobody else was using air. I don't
believe this setup would have worked if others were using air, nor would
I install it in a professional finishing shop or auto paint shop.

Pretty interesting Barry. You've got the pressure and likely, the delivery
capacity in the compressor to somewhat compensate for the friction
loss/restriction in the hose so you're probably ok - or so I would guess. I
really don't stay up late at night calculating these things...

--

-Mike-