Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default PVC for air

Mike Marlow wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Mike, I have spray painted with that setup. G

How much? I have to admit that I tend to think in bigger terms than
woodworking, owing to the type of painting I do, so that's my shortcoming in
a discussion like this. I suppose for typical small scale painting it could
be ok.

How much small diameter hose do you have in your delivery system? Do you so
small scale spraying? Are you getting good atomization and patterning? I
guess if you're getting good results, that's all that really matters for
your application.

The main delivery tubing is some sort of 1/2" to 5/8" ID plastic hose,
tee'd off with barbed and clamped fittings. The main line is 100 to 125
feet long, with 8 or 9 20-30' 3/8" air hose drops terminated with Milton
quick connects. The whole rig is run by an Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon
220v compressor. I don't know the HP rating of the compressor, but the
airline is typically charged to 125 PSI.

I connected a standard, 50' x 3/8" hose to the final connector so I
could spray in the parking lot behind the building. Several large
items were sprayed this way. Spray results were as good as I get with
my Fuji 4 stage HVLP rig. However, nobody else was using air. I don't
believe this setup would have worked if others were using air, nor would
I install it in a professional finishing shop or auto paint shop.