Posted to uk.d-i-y
rusty rusty is offline

Default Pilot light gas usage

[Slight topic shift - has anyone bought one of those power usage
devices and found it useful? I'm thinking of checking out what power
my various toys on standby use. For example, my laptop charger seems
to cool right off when off-charge (although I tend to disconnect it
anyway) whereas the brick for my DAB radio is always warm.]

It probably also has a poor power factor as well as being left on 24/77.
Someone said there's a move afoot to replace all consumer meters with new
ones that charge by volt-amps rather than watts. They were coming to do
mine this month.
Its a double whammy since not only are gadgets like Sky and Freeview boxes
left on 24/7 (going to standby doesn't make much difference) but they will
charge consumption by the amps instead of real power. Could be nearly 10p
per day per box.

rusty