Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus Autolycus is offline

Default Reading an economy 7 digital meter.

"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
My economy 7 digital meter is showing me using

R1 = 65kwh per 24 hours
R2 = 23kwh per 24 hours

Surely this is back to front, I thought R2 was the night time units, I
cant be using 65kw daytime and only 23kw at night with 5 storage
heaters.

What controls when the storage heaters come on? I believe some, but not
all, E7 meters provide an extra output which is only "live" during the
night period, and which is used to power contactors for the storage
heaters. Or is there a separate timeswitch for the heaters, in which
case might it be wrongly set? (BTDT)

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***