Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default John Lewis vs Ikea

John Laird wrote:
wrote:
John Laird wrote:

Of course, spending less than £100 on tools is the real challenge...

I'm mystified, all he needs is a £1 screwdriver set from poundland.

If he doesn't need to do any drilling, sure.

he's mounting to plasterboard, a screwdriver will make a few holes in
that easily.

(Also assuming the blind doesn't need to be trimmed to fit, in which
case a pair of sharp scissors and small hacksaw would be useful,

right

however a new hole in the pole might have to be drilled to re-fit the
end fitting.)

OK, so if a hollow tube £2, or even 3 if hes not got scissors. 4 if a
long straight edge is needed.

Or if its a wooden pole that needs drilling... no, I'll wait for OP
response before suggesting that

NT