Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Reading an economy 7 digital meter.

"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...

TMC wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
My economy 7 digital meter is showing me using

R1 = 65kwh per 24 hours
R2 = 23kwh per 24 hours

Surely this is back to front, I thought R2 was the night time units, I
cant be using 65kw daytime and only 23kw at night with 5 storage
heaters.

All you need to do is look again this afternoon and see which one has
changed then if necessary ring the Electricity people

Tony

Is it possible that im using 65kw in the day and 23kw at night, it
doesnt add up.

Yes, your storage heaters may be coming on in the day due to an incorrectly
set timer, or the storage heaters may have a boost function that is being
used in the day.

Does your whole house switch over to rate 2 in the night, or it it just for
the storage heaters?

Sparks...