Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default GE Silicone II Sucks!!

"Rich" wrote in message
g.com...
MLD wrote:
"C & E" wrote in message

"John~
" wrote in message
. net...
In article .com,
avid_hiker wrote:

GE anything.......sucks

...especially their appliances....

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more
than 50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in
them. Just about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the
Military fighter aircraft.
MLD

It has to be the one division of GE that still knows what they are doing
then. I had to buy a book to keep my GE washer and dryer going when I had
more time than money to replace them. Never again will I own anything made
by that division of GE. I think I will search out which airline isn't
using GE engines and fly with them now that I know that!

Rich

When we remodeled the kitchen we replace all of our Kenmore appliances with
GE. Year 3 the dishwashers motor cooling fan loosened from the shaft and
clattered while barely spinning. Called for repair and they diagnosed it
within 2 seconds of hearing it and had to replace the motor for nearly $200
because the motor housing was unaccessable. They said that it's a common
failure; when it happened again 4 years later I ditched it. The oven was
inconsistent and finally would not hold temp. Had to replace the entire
'dashboard' in order to change the thermostat. Suffered through 2 more
years of poor performance and ditched it. Still have the fridge that the
door shelf guards chronically pop off and drop the contents, the bin drawers
won't stay on their tracks but I can't say anything bad about the
microwave - oh yea, the work light won't turn off unless you slap the the
panel. I was told by the service dept that the repair was not cheap. I
wish they'd get some of the jet engineers over to the appliance division for
a re-design. Oh well, maybe they've improved in the last 10 years. Could
happen.