Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In article , Andy Hall wrote:
However, if I use a toll bridge or toll road I pay for them, otherwise I don't.

You don't get any discount on your general taxation if you don't use a
particular toll bridge, do you?
The tolls on a toll bridge generally only cover part of the costs of
maintenance of the bridge. The capital cost is normally covered from central or
local government funds. Part of the dispute over the cost of the Skye bridge was,
IIRC, that the ownership of the bridge remained with the toll-collecting company
instead of reverting to the state (as a proxy for the people), and that they were
setting the toll to cover the building cost and a profit margin, as well as
maintenance costs.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland