Mike Tomlinson

Default Potterton Suprima Lockout

In article , Roly
writes
I've getting getting problems with a 4 year old Suprima going to lockout.
The red light flashes quickly and the circulating pump continues to run but
it won't fire up until the reset button is pushed.

My local boiler engineer has suggested that it's probably the pcb, but he's
not absolutely sure. He wants 250 pounds to supply and install a new one.

When the circulating pump failed on the system here, it blew the fuse on
the Suprima's PCB. This is in a black twist-lock holder. I *think* it
also caused the boiler to go into "lockout" mode, but am not certain.

The manual also says:

"If the boiler fails to light after 3 attempts it will go into lockout
and the red LED will start to flash. Press the reset button, the LED
will stop flashing and the boiler will attempt to relight a further
three times."

"Overheat limit thermostat: the boiler is fitted with a safety
thermostat to protect against overheating of the water. is this
thermostat operates, the boiler will lockout and the red LED will start
to flash. Press the reset button , the LED will stop flashing and the
boiler will attempt to re-light. If the control does not reset, leave
the boiler for 15 minutes before pressing the reset button again. Note:
interruption of the electrical supply to the boiler may also cause the
overheat thermostat to operate."

Presumably a duff fan or overheat thermostat could also be the cause of
the lockout and these should be investigated before the PCB is
condemned.

--
A. Top posters.