Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best source for stain grade materials

"Jim Sculley" wrote in message
I bought a house about a year ago and one of the previous owners painted
every square inch of trim in the house. It was originally stained a
rather dark color. Ideally, I would like to have a lighter color stain
so I want to replace it all, one room at a time, rather than attempt to
strip, sand and restain. The door casing, crown molding, etc appear to
be common off the shelf profiles.

Is there a preferred place to purchase all this trim material and what
is the best material to use?

I would need to find crown molding, baseboard, door casing, window
casing, window sill and door jamb material. I'm in the Atlanta area,
but as a new homeowner, I have no idea where to go for such items.

Thanks,

Jim S.
--
Remove my extraneous mandibular appendages to reply via email.

I would go to several lumber yards for the best variety and to shop around
for the best prices. You may be able to negotiate better prices for
quantity at a lumber yard. I think that the home centers may have some of
the things that you want, but not everything and the choice of woods may be
limited.