Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Offset flange on an iron pipe?

"Christopher Riley" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm re-doing a half-bath, and the rough-in for the toilet is 14 inches but
the toilet we want to use is a standard 12 inches (there aren't a lot of
styles available for 14 inch toilets, alas).

Installing an offset flange seems to be a pretty straightforward job -- if
the pipes are PVC. But my house is old, and the refuse pipe is iron. Is it
still possible to install an offset flange? Should I call a professional?
Should I accept a 14 inch rough-in?

Thanks for your advice!

Chris

Not a big fan of the offset flanges.

Do you have the old lead style connecter from the flange to the soil pipe?

It is the connection that will be the problem. Might be easier to build out
the wall section with a short wall and top it off with a shelf.

Colbyt