Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gplantam@gmail.com is offline

Default Vanity backsplash not flush w/ top

The vanity couter top we purchased has a backsplash glued to it. The
backsplash is not flush with the back of the counter top, so if the
counter top is touching the wall, there is a 1/4" gap between the wall
& the backsplash. Is this standard, and if so, why? Is the gap there
to allow the bottom of a mirror to fit between the wall and backsplash?
If we don't fit the mirror behind the backsplash, should we just caulk
it or fill the gap with a strip of wood? Or detach the backsplash from
the counter top and re-glue it?