Posted to chi.general,alt.autos.toyota.camry,misc.consumers.house
trent trent is offline

Default How to keep locks from getting frozen?

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

In chi.general Doug Miller wrote:
: In article , Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

:Many times I've been at work and just had to warm up the key in my hand, and
:put it in the lock and repeat until i got the cylinder warm enough to turn...

: It works a lot faster if you warm the key up with a cigarette lighter.

That assumes one has a lighter... when standing out in the parking lot one
uses what one has available... what was more frustrating for me is it's
always the alarm key that freezes, not the door lock... so I could get in the
car, but the alarm would run out the battery if I did...

OK, in your case use a flint and steel.

trent