Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.architecture.alternative,alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Another Deployable Doubt Dispeller

Solar Flare wrote:

If I thought you were actually serious with any part of your retirt...

You might be able to spell "retort"? :-)

I would address some of the bad math and knowledge you displayed. I am
sure if you think about it you will see what I have siad has been
based on actual figures.

wrote in message
Solar Flare wrote:

Let's do the math.

Goody.

Since November here we had about 2 hours total sun in 45 days...

You live above the arctic circle? :-)

My house, to be build next year, will take about 50,000 BTU/hr on
cold days.

Wow. What will it take on an average December day? Why not add more
insulation and airseal and zone and make it smaller?

For 14 days of no solar addition 50K x 24hr. x 14 days = 16,800K
BTUs

Sounds unrealistic. Where will this house be?

Now if my house is 1800 square feet...

And it needs 50K Btu/h, with 3200 ft^2 of R32 walls and ceiling, and
it's T (F) outdoors, with 50K = (70-T)3200ft^2/R32, T = minus 430 F.
That's a very cold day :-)

Nick